Sikkim Tourism India offer wide potential of tourism in north eastern part of India like Sikkim, Darjeeling, etc. The state is one of the prominent destination for travel enthusiast simply because the Himalayan environment, Gurgling streams, snowcapped mountains, its richness of culture, monasteries, flora and fauna. Our Packages are managed in such a manner that offer you opportunity of enjoy untouched nature beauty and bask in the glory of all its freshness. Further our guidance will always be there to ensure most pleasant tour for lifetime.
Top Sikkim Attractions and Tourist Places
Here are hot Sikkim attractions and tourist places to explore:
1. Monasteries: It is matter of fact that Sikkim is great place for devotees and meditation that is very soothing to the soul; almost 200 monasteries dot the divine hilltops. The most visited monasteries in Sikkim are Rumtek, Pemayangtse and Tashiding (also in West Sikkim).
2. Yuksom and the Dzongri Trail: Sikkim is known as paradise for trekker’s. The trek from Yuksom to Dzongri peak is challenging and adventurous. If you are up then enjoy the most popular trek in Sikkim that takes the trail towards the famous Goecha La. It is premier trekking trail in Sikkim that takes you close to the spectacular view of mighty Kanchenjunga.
3. Teesta River Rafting: River Rafting is one of the latest adventure sports in Sikkim. If you want to walk with the momentum of nature, come and get plunged in the crystal clear blue water of river. River Teesta and its tributary Rangeet provides wonderful routes for river rafting. Hit the challenging water streams of the turbulent Tessta by just rafting in it.
4. Flora and Fauna Sanctuaries: The glory of Sikkim is its breathtaking array of flora and fauna. Sikkim has a rich heritage of different kinds of flowers. The dense forest of Sikkim is home to variety of animals. Different kinds of birds, animals, and flowers; over 450 species of birds, 400 species of butterflies, 450 varieties of orchids, and 40 species of rhododendron.
5. Nathula La Pass and the Old Silk Route: Natula La Pass serves as the trade link between India and China. If you are willing to make your trip more adventurous nothing could be better than journey along the former silk route to Natula.
Entry Protocols to Sikkim: With a motto to promote tourism in Sikkim, constraints on the entry for foreigners in to restricted areas of Sikkim have been relaxed by the government up some extent. Foreign travellers can now visit Gangtok, Rumtek, Phodong, Pemayangste and the Yuksom after obtaining the restricted area permit from any of the concerned department offices in India. They are required to get Inner Line Permit and this can be obtained from all Indian Missions, Sikkim Tourism Offices at New Delhi, Kolkata, and District Magistrates office of Dajeeling, Siliguri and Rangpo on the basis of an Indian Visa.
Information for Foreign Tourists
1. Foreign nationals intending to visit Sikkim for tourism can obtain a permit for an initial period of 15 days that is further extendable up to 30 days. Foreign tourist has to be in the group of two or more to visit restricted and protected areas of Sikkim like Yumthang Valley (for five days) as they are not allowed to club and go with Indian tourist.
2. A two days Inner Line Permit is also available at Rangpo. The same permit can be further extended from Home Ministry Gangtok.
3. Foreigners can visit Rumtek, Gangtok, Phodong and Pemayangtse for a period of fifteen days after obtaining the restricted area permit. If they are intending to visit Yumthang Valley, Zongri the rules are slightly tight.
Note: Re-entry in to Sikkim is not allowed within 03 months after you leave the Sikkim. The gap of 90 days is necessary as per the instruction of Ministry of Home Affairs.
For Indians : Indian nationals intending to visit Sikkim, they do not require any special permit. They can visit some of the unrestricted areas of Sikkim like Gangtok, Yuksom, Rumtek, Pemayangtse, Phodong etc. But for the following restricted areas in North Sikkim, Inner Line Permit is necessary to enter. Areas of north Sikkim like Yumthang Valley, Chungthang, Lachung, Yumesamdong, Lachen, Thangu, Chopta and Gurudongmar Lake. It is mandatory for Indian nationals also to obtain the permit.